TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENROLMENT
You are enrolling for the whole 2019 dance calendar year, not per term
*New students may come to their first class at no charge. Please notify our office staff within 24 hours after the trial class if your child will not be continuing. If not continuing your child's enrolment will be removed and there is nothing for you to pay. Students attending a trial class must enrol online and agree to these terms and conditions before attending a class.
· Enrolments are to be completed online via our website.
· Students are committing to their chosen classes for the Generation Dance calendar year.
· Students withdrawing from their classes must give 2 lessons notice and follow our withdrawal policy.
· Students absent for 2 or more consecutive lessons, without notifying Generation Dance, will be withdrawn from their enrolled class/es.
· I agree to pay all monies associated with being a member of Generation Dance. Including, but not limited to, class tuition fees, membership fees, showcase participation fee and costume hire, exam and competition entry fees.
· All students must pay a yearly membership fee of $77 per student or $99 per family. This covers insurance, music licensing, all administration duties and overheads related to enrolment.
· Generation Dance will hold fundraisers throughout the year to cover studio maintenance, repairs and new equipment and ask that all parents support these fundraisers.
· Fees are payable before the start of each term via Visa, MasterCard, cash or funds transfer. Fees may be paid in instalments via Direct Debit. Fees are debited on the 15th of every month. No other payment methods or cycles accepted.
· Customers may pay their yearly fees in full to receive an extra 5% discount.
· Multiple class discounts apply to those students enrolling in 2 or more classes. Discounts do not apply to EPP, membership, showcase costs, private lessons, competition and examination entry fees or costume hire.
· Customers must keep their account up to date and ensure payments are made by due dates. Lessons will be suspended to any student with an overdue account.
· There are no refunds for missed lessons, no exceptions. Generation Dance does not offer catch up classes for missed lessons.
· Generation Dance will provide a refund for any classes cancelled.
· If withdrawing from classes an $11 administration fee will be added to your account and your account must be paid in full within 7 days of withdrawal. There is no refund on any fees paid.
Student Safety and Behaviour
· Generation Dance will not be held responsible or liable for any injury sustained by a student and/or personal property lost or damaged whilst under the instruction and/or supervision of our employees/volunteers.
· Students are supervised during their class time only. Generation Dance does not provide supervision before or after class times or if students are waiting at the studio during classes.
· All teaching staff hold DCSI clearances and First Aid Training.
· Students may be touched during lessons due to correcting technique. Technique cannot be taught correctly without physical interaction from teachers.
· Generation Dance will seek medical help where necessary and any costs incurred will be the responsibility of the student’s parent/caregiver.
· Generation Dance has a Child Safe Policy and have a legal obligation to report any signs of abuse and neglect.
· Students must be respectful to all other students, staff and volunteers representing Generation Dance. Students agree to make Generation Dance a pleasant and friendly environment for all. We do not tolerate any act of bullying, negativity or gossip.
· Students agree to keep our studios tidy and well maintained by cleaning up after themselves and respecting the studios facilities.
· Students agree to follow the studio rules. We have a strict behaviour management system in place which is to enable all students a chance to learn and is fair and reasonable for all students.
· If choosing to represent or discuss Generation Dance on social media, students must do so in a positive way.
· Students have read and agree to the studios policies.
· Parents/carers must be respectful to all other students, staff and volunteers representing Generation Dance. Parents agree to make Generation Dance a pleasant and friendly environment for all. We do not tolerate any act of bullying, negativity or gossip.
· Parents/carers agree to keep our studios tidy and well maintained by cleaning up after themselves and respecting the studios facilities.
· Parents/carers are encouraged to allow 24 hours after any issue before following our complaints policy. This give all parties the best chance of calm communication to find resolution. The studio must be notified immediately if the issue is unlawful or medical.
· If choosing to represent or discuss Generation Dance on social media, parents must do so in a positive way.
· Parents/carers are not permitted to enter the dance studios or congregate in the "dancers only" areas of the studio. Please wait in waiting areas provided.
· Parents are not allowed to utilise the studio’s toilets, these are for students only.
· Parents/carers are not permitted to watch classes.
· Parents/carers have read and agree to the studios policies.
· All students must arrive to their classes on time and in correct uniform.
· We have a strict uniform policy here at Generation Dance which must be adhered to.
· Generation Dance must be notified of absence via SMS to 0412 089 457
· Customers are to keep their personal information and details up to date via their customer portal.
· Class times may alter from term to term.
· It is not guaranteed that the same teacher will teach for the whole term or year.
· Classes with less than 6 students enrolled will be cancelled or combined with another class.
· If a student is of an age where they need assistance going to the toilet their parent or caregiver must remain at the studio during their class time.
· All costumes, choreography and music are subject to copyright and belong to Generation Dance. They may not be used without prior consent from the Principal Teacher. Costumes and routines are not to be worn or used for any performance other than those organised and endorsed by Generation Dance.
· Due to privacy laws and copyright of the Ready Set Dance program and our own choreography, classes and performances cannot be filmed or photographed.
· When the weather is forecast for 40 degrees or higher by the Bureau of Meteorology then classes are cancelled for that day for health and safety reasons of all students and staff. No refunds for classes cancelled due to weather.
Personal Information and Use of Images
· Photo's and/or video's may be taken of your child and used for advertising and/or training purposes.
· All personal information is kept completely confidential, with only the Principal Teacher and Office Manager having access.
By entering our studio building you agree to our terms and conditions. This also must be agreed to during the enrolment process and when logging in to the customer portal.